Monday, August 4, 2008

Tay Forest Challenge Prep

After last week's SORC Challenge Event at Drumglog where the final placings put me 2nd overall. I knew I still had some work to do on the Truck for the Tay. So Yesterday I was back down at Bob's to get my rear winch fitted. (and some other bits.)

I had to get Bob to reweld my snorkel attachment on the cage as it kinda fell off in the trees last weekend.


The Winch is very solid, obviously, and is at the right height to still allow my waffle board to mount in the back.

I still want to get the winches wired up on the dash. I also need to wire in my Voltmeter to keep an eye on how much power I'm using. I need to put a switch on my fans as well so I can switch them off if I have to go into water.


The New Driver's bucket seat has been fitted but the passanger has to have its brackets made and finally fitted. First I have to sort out the rear winch isolator switch and add an Anderson Jack Lead for jump leads. The interior needs a bit of a tidy as well.



The Tay rules state that we have to wear helmets this year. So I ordered an OMP which also arrived this week. The USA branch of Alba Rallysport (my brother) sent me a new set of gloves as well. So I think we are on track to have everything ready.