Thursday, November 5, 2009

Product Testing


For a while I have been wanting to get out in an Open Boat. The Mad River Reflection 15 to be exact.


Yesterday I took the chance to take the afternoon off and go for a paddle on Loch Tay. It was like the calm after the storm. We have had some crap weather with raging storms and heavy rains. Yesterday it was calm with only a drizzle in late afternoon.


The boat was great. It tracked well and was very easy to handle off the water. The Brookbank Canoes Demo boat is kitted up with a kneeling thwart which is alot better than sitting on the bow seat facing the rear. I headed out from the beach at Kenmore out to the small island and made a quick coffee with me new optimus crux stove and pots.


The Loch was mirror like and just a joy to paddle on. Having work here over ten years ago it was very nice to be back. The autumn colours were coming through and Drummond Hil was looking stunning. I'm looking forward to my next Open Canoe trip in a week or so down in the Lakes with the rest of the Brookbank Team.