Wednesday, May 19, 2010

Great Glen Canoe Trail

Well after a bit of a gap in the Blog I thought I had better get back to it. I have been planning on doing the Rannoch Moor to Perth trip by Open Canoe this weekend but due to my back being bad Open Canoeing is not really good for me just now. With a trial bit of Sea Kayaking last weekend I decided that I felt good with that. So a plan has been hatched.

Myself Mark (my boss) and Pete (manager of Carlisle Store) are going to tackle the Great Glen Canoe Trail. See on Facebook too.

I am going to take a North Shore Polar as a bit of a long term test over the next few months so I may as well start with this trip.




The plan is to get to Fort William on Sunday afternoon/evening after dropping a vehicle at the Inverness end and set off finishing on Wednesday at some point.

Kit list is next. I have a couple of days to get gear together. I want to travel light obviously. My new Terra Nova Laser Comp arrived last week and I have practice pitched it in the garden with no major hassles after Bobinson told me it can be fiddly. Gear list will follow.

The weather is set to be good at the moment but who knows it's Scotland. May is a good time as we'll get in before the Midges.