Friday, January 13, 2012

#13 can a plan come together


 Camping next to the River Pattack.



Glenshee looking towards Braemar.



 Commuting

Having a bit of a plan thinkning day today. Should be working but I can multi task. Inspired by my night out to see Charley Boorman and the fact we are having a warmish winter here in Scotland my thoughts have turned to motorbikes.

I want to get out on my bike more this year and have garaged the 90 for a year or so to enable me the time and money to do so. It got me thinking, what would be a good big trip? Yeh there are lots of mini adventures you can have but I mean a big trip, almost once in a lifetime? USA! They speak our language but more importantly my brother and his family live there so we could have an easy base to work from and my family could join in.....

So then the question comes when and where. Well I'm going to have to save a bit of money so why not make it my 40th year so that makes it 2017! Like I said I'll have to save up for it..


So next question is where?Lots of States to choose from so I'll have to make a list of must see locations.




 
Lastly on what? My current bike is too small and under powered for a trip like that so maybe my dream bike BMW 1200 GSA. It might even make sense to buy one here and ship it out for the trip as a long period hire could work out the same as shipping.

Better save some more!!!!!!!!!!!!