Wednesday, August 22, 2012

#232 hunting for team adventure zone

Spent the morning trying to track down Adventure Zone Scotland Team on the Terrex. They started off at Marble Lodge near Braemar and headed to Ballater before heading up Glen Muick to the Transition for the mountain trail walk. I spent an hour or so cycling up and down tracks trying to find them every so often checking their progress on my phone through their tracker. I didn't always have signal so I missed them by what must have been 5mins.
I eventually caught up with the up Glen Muick. I said hello then drove on up a bit before jumping on my bike and meeting up with them. I then rode the last 3 or 4 miles to the transition. Being very careful not to give them any assistance in terms of pacing, food or water. This could cause them penalties as they are not allowed any outside help.
They were in good spirits and had had no major issues. Apart from lack of sleep.
I hung around the transition until they set off at 2.45pm for the hike up Lochnagar. As I write this the tracker is showing them past Lochnagar but still right in the mountains.


Sent using BlackBerry® from Orange