Friday, May 2, 2008

Bike and Diff

I've been busy over the last few weeks. I've been training hard to pass my Motorbike Test. Well on the 22nd of April I PASSED!!!!!!!!!! On the 23rd I went out and picked my new bike up.


A Honda Transalp 650cc I have been out on the good days since trying to get used to it. I spent an afternoon riding roads I know well and visiting a few friends. I really enjoyed learning something new and experiencing the roads I know in a different way. Here's hoping for a sunny summer to get out and play.

I have also finally got round to fitting my new locker into my rear diff. At the moment I still have to refit it into the axle but it is a bit more of a job than it sounds. I am replacing the whole axle and rear radius arms. This will give me more articulation and also 24 spline rear axle with disc brakes. All good. I have also entered into the Tay Forest Challenge which is run at the end of August. I am not guaranteed a place but here's hoping. It is an awesome event that I marshalled at last year. I have entered with Mike Robertson. I'll keep you posted if I get a place.